NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD MEETING of the
YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. § 38-341.02, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH A.R.S. § 38-431.01 ETAL. ON:
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:00pm
Yavapai Accommodation School District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
- The Governing Board reserves the right to go into Executive Session intermittently throughout the meeting for discussion and consultation for legal advice regarding any of the agenda items. (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)). The Board may also go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters (A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(1)) and records, such as student discipline matters which are exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)).
- The Board may also go into Executive Session for legal advice and consultation regarding contract negotiations, settlement discussion s and pending or contemplated litigation. (A.RS. § 38-431.03(A)(4)).
- Though infrequent, the Board may also go into Executive Session for discussions with designated representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations regarding salaries or compensation of employees of the public body (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)), discussions with designated representatives regarding real property negotiations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)), and international and interstate negotiation s (A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(6)).
- Executive sessions are not open to the public; however, Board decisions will be made in open public assembly.
- YASD Governing Board may not be able to attend in person and may participate via an electronic medium.
- The Agenda may be revised up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. Revisions will be posted at the YASD District Office located at 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, Arizona 86301 in the display box next to the entrance doors and on the district website www.YASD99.com under the Governing Board tab.
- Arrangements to accommodate disabilities may be made by contacting Allison Fontana at (928)759-8126 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting.
- Members of the public wishing to address the Board are requested to complete a Public Participation Form
- Discussion by the Board is limited to items posted on the agenda.
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Item B. Pledge of Allegiance
Item C. Limited call – Public Participation
Item D. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the April 14, 2020 Board Meeting.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the March 23,2020 Special Board Meeting.
- Consider and ratify per [A.R.S. §15-321):
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO# 9020 – $36,189.49
- VO# 9021 – $18,929.25
- VO# 9022 – $2,902.19
- Payroll voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO# 21 PP# 22 – $33,313.35
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
Item E. Action
- Consider and approve the Yavapai County Education Service Agency IDEA Consolidated Entitlement Memorandum of Understanding.
- Consider and approve he Governing Board Resolution Authorizing Who Can Approve and Sign Legal Documents.
- Consider and approve the Intergovernmental Agreement for Education Services between Yavapai Accommodation School District and Yavapai County.
- Consider and approve the Classic Gold health plan with ASBAIT.
- Consider and approve the Supplement to Employment Contract for Jessica Marks to provide summer school.
- Consider and approve the Expense Voucher Statement of Authorization for FY21.
- Consider and approve the Payroll Statement of Authorization for FY21.
- Consider and approve the Board Authorization for Time Slip Approval for FY21.
- Consider and approve the FY20 Revised Budget.
Item F. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- FY19 Final Audit Review
- Cognia Report –
- Budget/Cash Analysis Report FY19/20
- 70.64% ofYASD Budget Spent
- Civic Fund $12,231.91
- Gifts and Donations $1,173.41
- Social Services $583.95
- Auxiliary Operations $1,760.54
- Tax Credit $13,881.40
- National Bank Credit Card Statements – (May).
- Enrollment Report
- This time last year: N/A
- Current enrollment: N/A
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items
- [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item G. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- June 9, 2020@ 3:00pm
- July 14, 2020@ 3:00pm
- August 4, 2020@ 3:00pm (changed from the 11th)
- September 9, 2020 @ 2:00pm (changed from the 8th)
- October 13, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- November 10, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- December 8, 2020 @ 3:00pm
Date this 11th day of May 2020.
Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board