NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD MEETING of the
YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. § 38-341.02, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH A.R.S. § 38-431.01 ETAL. ON:
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:00pm
Yavapai Accommodation School District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
- The Governing Board reserves the right to go into Executive Session intermittently throughout the meeting for discussion and consultation for legal advice regarding any of the agenda items. (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)). The Board may also go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters (A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(1)) and records, such as student discipline matters which are exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)).
- The Board may also go into Executive Session for legal advice and consultation regarding contract negotiations, settlement discussion s and pending or contemplated litigation. (A.RS. § 38-431.03(A)(4)).
- Though infrequent, the Board may also go into Executive Session for discussions with designated representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations regarding salaries or compensation of employees of the public body (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)), discussions with designated representatives regarding real property negotiations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)), and international and interstate negotiation s (A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(6)).
- Executive sessions are not open to the public; however, Board decisions will be made in open public assembly.
- YASD Governing Board may not be able to attend in person and may participate via an electronic medium.
- The Agenda may be revised up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. Revisions will be posted at the YASD District Office located at 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, Arizona 86301 in the display box next to the entrance doors and on the district website www.YASD99.com under the Governing Board tab.
- Arrangements to accommodate disabilities may be made by contacting Allison Fontana at (928)759-8126 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the meeting.
- Members of the public wishing to address the Board are requested to complete a Public Participation Form
- Discussion by the Board is limited to items posted on the agenda.
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Item B. Pledge of Allegiance
Item C. Limited call – Public Participation
Item D. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the October 8, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the October 24, 2019 Special Board Meeting
- Consider and ratify per [A.R.S. §15-321]:
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO# 9007 – $29,657.32
- VO# 9008 – $34,127.68
- Payroll voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO# 7 PP# 7 – $34,918.25
- VO# 8 PP# 8 – $28,912.91
- VO# 9 PP#9 – $31,851.98
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
Item E. Action
Consider and approve Second read on Policy Advisory No. 664-669.
- Policy Advisory No. 664 …………………………. Policy IKF- Graduation Requirements
- Policy Advisory No. 665 ……. ……………………. Policy JICA – Student Dress Regulation JICA-R
- Policy Advisory No. 666 ………………………………… Policy JIH – Student Interrogations, Searches and Arrests
- Policy Advisory No. 667 …………………………………. Policy JLCD – Medicines/ Administering Medicines to Students
- Policy Advisory No. 668 NEW ……………….. Policy JLDAC – Screening/Testing of Students (Vision Screening for Children)
- Policy Advisory No. 669 ………………… Policy JLF – Reporting Child Abuse/Child Protection
- Consider and approve Addendum #3 to E-Rate Services Agreement Between Yavapai County School Superintendent and YASD.
- Consider and approve the Resolution where YASD may enter into agreements, including, but not limited to, intergovernmental agreements, contracts, and memorandums of understanding with Yavapai County.
- Consider and approve the Supplement to Employment Contract for Ginger Flaumenhaft to provide Special Education Director Services from August 5, 2019 thru December 19, 2019.
- Consider and approve the Supplement to Employment Contract for Evelina Acosta to provide Special Education Director Services from January 1, 2020 thru May 20, 2020.
Item F. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- Cognia Report –
- Budget/Cash Analysis Report FY19/20
- 37.87% of YASD Budget Spent
- Civic Fund $18,128.08
- Gifts and Donations $1,166.32
- Social Services $581.51
- Auxiliary Operations $,065.22
- Tax Credit $12,916.13
- National Bank Credit Card Statements – September 2019
- Enrollment Report
- This time last year: 103 / 81 (Total Students) (ADM)
- Current enrollment: 104 / 84 (Total Students) (ADM)
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items
- [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item G. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- December 10, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- January 14, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- February 11, 2020@ 3:00pm
- March 10, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- April 14, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- May 12, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- June 9, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- July 14, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- August 4, 2020 @ 3:00pm (changed from the 11th)
- September 9, 2020@ 3:00pm (changed from the 8th)
- October 13, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- November 10, 2020@ 3:00pm
- December 8, 2020 @ 3:00pm
Date this 12th day of November 2019.
Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board