NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD MEETING of the
YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. § 38-341.02, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH A.R.S. § 38-431.01 ETAL. ON:
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 3:00pm
Yavapai Accommodation School District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
- The Governing Board reserves the right to go into Executive Session intermittently throughout the meeting for discussion and consultation for legal advice regarding any of the agenda items. (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3)). The Board may also go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters (A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(1)) and records, such as student discipline matters which are exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)).
- The Board may also go into Executive Session for legal advice and consultation regarding contract negotiations, settlement discussion s and pending or contemplated litigation. (A.RS. § 38-431.03(A)(4)).
- Though infrequent, the Board may also go into Executive Session for discussions with designated representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations regarding salaries or compensation of employees of the public body (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)), discussions with designated representatives regarding real property negotiations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)), and international and interstate negotiation s (A.R.S.§ 38-431.03(A)(6)).
- Executive sessions are not open to the public; however, Board decisions will be made in open public assembly.
- YASD Governing Board may not be able to attend in person and may participate via an electronic medium.
- The Agenda may be revised up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. Revisions will be posted at the YASD District Office located at 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, Arizona 86301 in the display box next to the entrance doors and on the district website www.YASD99.com under the Governing Board tab.
- Arrangements to accommodate disabilities may be made by contacting Allison Fontana at (928)759-8126 or email@example.com prior to the meeting.
- Members of the public wishing to address the Board are requested to complete a Public Participation Form
- Discussion by the Board is limited to items posted on the agenda.
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Item B. Pledge of Allegiance
Item C. Limited call – Public Participation
Item D. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the August 4, 2020 Special Board Meeting.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the August 4, 2020 Board Meeting.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the August 20, 2020 Special Board Meeting.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the August 25, 2020 Special Board Meeting.
- Consider and ratify per [A.R.S. §15-321]:
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO# 9028 – $2,789.50
- VO# 8102 – $29,591.84
- Payroll voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO# 3 PP# 3 – $36,000.21
- VO# 4 PP# 4 – $34,053.95
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
Item E. Action
Consider First Read on Policy Advisory No. 677 and 678. No action will be taken.
- Policy Advisory No. 677…………………………………Policy ACA — Sexual Harassment Regulation ACA-R
- Policy Advisory No. 678 NEW……………Policy ACAA — Title IX Sexual Harassment Regulation ACAA-R
Consider and approve the Arizona School Risk Retention Trust Endorsement No. 10 Covid-19 Liability.
Consider and approve the FY20-21 Intergovernmental Agreement for Alternative Education Programs between Kirkland Elementary School District and Yavapai Accommodation School District.
Consider and approve the FY20-21 Intergovernmental Agreement for Substitute Teacher Consolidation Services between Yavapai Accommodation School District and Yavapai County.
Consider and approve the Letter of Agency between YCETC and Yavapai Accommodation School District.
Consider and approve the FCC Form 479 Schools and Libraries Universal Service Certiﬁcation by Administrative Authority to Billed Entity of Compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act.
Consider and approve the Amendment No. 1 to the Intergovernmental Agreement for Yavapai County Educational Consortium July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2030.
Item F. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President — Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Ofﬁcer — Kellie Burns
- Cognia Report –
- Budget / Cash Analysis Report FY19/20
- 90% of YASD Budget Spent
- Civic Fund $11,170.05
- Gifts and Donations $1,178.62
- Auxiliary Operations $1,772.74
- Tax Credit $14,172.74
- Budget / Cash Analysis Report FY20/21
- 11.64% of YASD Budget Spent
- Civic Fund $1,613.72
- Gifts and Donations
- Auxiliary Operations
- Tax Credit
- Enrollment Report
- This time last year: 121 / 93
- Current enrollment: 102 / 85
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items
- [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item G. Close of Meeting
- Dates and Times of next Governing Board meeting
- October 13, 2020 @ 3:00pm
- November 10, 2020@ 3:00pm
- December 8, 2020@ 3:00pm
Date this 8th day of September 2020.
Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board