- Job Title: Paraprofessionals
- Prepared on: 8/20/2020
- Yavapai Accommodation School District No. 99
- Reports To: District Executive Officer
- Supervises: N/A
- Dean of Students
How to Apply
In order to apply for a job opening at Yavapai Accommodation School District, you will need to submit a completed application form. To obtain the form, please email Allison Fontana at email@example.com. Print the application form, and fax or mail it and any other applicable documents to our district office:
YASD District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86301
Fax: (928) 759-8136
Assist in supporting students under the supervision of a licensed professional, such as a teacher. Increase learning opportunities by giving students opportunities to practice skills. Provide students with more individualized instruction. Implement Behavior Intervention Plans. Provide teachers with planning time critical to the development of educational programming. Help monitor, support, and involve in the instruction to a greater extent.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teacher in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Assist and monitor student activity throughout the day using A+ program. Assist students with classes and assignments.
- Supervise students in classroom, halls, school yards and fieldtrips. Monitor students before and after school, entering and leaving.
- Distribute materials and/or copies related to discussion if necessary.
- Distribute and monitor all student laptops and chargers.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing students.
- Reassign or accept student assignments based on grades. Grade assignments if directed by the teacher.
- Monitor classroom behavior and keep students on task. Acknowledge positive student behavior and good grades with positive reinforcement.
- Participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students’ progress or problems.
- Take class attendance and maintain attendance records.
- Assist with any in-class behavior issues and council student if necessary.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Monitor the student snack shack. Collect and document money. Keep money locked in a secure location. Money to be turned into the business office once a week.
- Maintain student computer usage in classrooms and assist with any troubleshooting.
- Requisition and stock teaching materials and supplies.
- Preform clerical duties such as typing, filing and classroom maintenance.
- Help students obtain information via outside resources if necessary.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Employee is expected to perform all the above major duties and responsibilities in a professional, competent, accurate, and dependable manner with 100% accuracy within the prescribed time frames.
- Employee must develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers within the district as well as with employees at other agencies.
Experience and Education:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with children.
- Experience contributing to a caring classroom environment where time is dedicated to community
- Building and conflict resolution
- Excellent communications/interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and the community
- Maturity, humility, can-do attitude, strong work ethic, and sense of humor
- Learn Schoolmaster software.
- Identify discrepancies and determine solutions.
- Be able to exercise judgment in making recommendations to school personnel.
- Be able to exercise discretion in maintaining confidentiality of information.
- Sit and work on computer monitor at least six hours per day.
- Be a self-starter and must understand that it is important to do each task completely and thoroughly.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with employees, school administrators and the community.
- Make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting schedules and timelines.
- Obtain a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.