NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD MEETING of the YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. 38-341.02, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH A.R.S. 38-431.01 ETAL. ON:
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 11:00am Yavapai Accommodation School District Office 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
- The Governing Board reserves the right to go into Executive Session intermittently throughout the meeting for discussion and consultation for legal advice regarding any of the agenda items. (A.R.S. § 38-431.0 3(A)(3)). The Board may also go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)) and records, such as student discipline matters which are exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)).
- The Board may also go into Executive Session for legal advice and consultation regarding contract negotiations, settlement discussions and pen ding or contemplated litigation. (A.R.S. § 38-43 l.03(A)(4)).
- Though infrequent, the Board may also go into Executive Session for discussions with designated representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations regarding salaries or compensation of employees of the public body (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)), discussions with designated representatives regarding real property negotiations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)), and international and interstate negotiations (A.R.S.§ 38-43 1.03(A)(6)).
- Executive sessions are not open to the public; however, Board decisions will be made in open public assembly.
- YASD Governing Board may not be able to attend in person and may participate via an electronic medium.
- The Agenda may be revised up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. Revisions will be posted at the YASD District Office located at 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, Arizona 86301 in the display box next to the entrance doors and on the district website www.YASD99.com under the Governing Board tab.
- Arrangements to accommodate disabilities may be made by contacting Allison Lawrence at (928)759-8126 or alawrencera.yavapaicountyhs.org prior to the meeting. Members of the public wishing to address the Board are requested to complete a Public Participation Form
- Discussion by the Board is limited to items posted on the agenda.
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Item B. Limited call – Public Participation
Item C. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from October 3, 2017 Board Meeting.
- Consider and ratify per [A.R.S. §15-321):
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of: 9106 – $32,478.96
- Payroll voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO#7 PP#7 – $27,608.82
- VO#8 PP#8 – $26,695.62
- VO#9 PP#9 – $27,363.70
Item D. Action
- Consider and approve to terminate John Stewards full-time contract as of November 17, 2017.
- Consider and approve John Steward at a FTE .6 as the Transition Program teacher starting November 20, 2017.
- Consider and approve the agreement for Entitlement Grant Services between YASD #99 and Yavapai County School Superintendent.
Item E. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- AdvancED Report
- Budget/ Cash Analysis Report FY 17 / 18
- 33.59% of YASD Budget Spent
- Civic Fund $17,074.69
- Gifts and Donations $1,128.01
- Social Services $748.56
- Student Activity Funds $598.84
- Tax Credit $13,575.37
- National Bank Credit Card Statements – October 2017
- Enrollment Report
- This time last year: 85 (Total Students ) / 66 (ADM)
- Current enrollment: 86 (Total Students) / 63 (ADM)
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding o any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item F. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- December 5, 2017 @ 3 :00pm
- January 9 , 2018@ 3:00pm
- February 13, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- March 20, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- April 10, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- May 9, 2018 @ 3 :00pm (changed from May 8)
- June 12, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- July 10, 2018@ 3 :00pm
- August 13, 2018@ 3:00pm (changed from August 14)
- September 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- October 9, 2018 @ 3 :00pm
- November 13, 2018@ 3 :00pm
- December 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
Date this 13th day of November, 2017.
Time: 9:46 am.
Allison Lawrence Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board