NOTICE OF GOVERNING BOARD MEETING of the YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. 38-341.02, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH A.R.S. 38-431.01 ETAL. ON:
Tuesday, September 11, 2017 3:00pm
Yavapai Accommodation School District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
- The Governing Board reserves the right to go into Executive Session intermittently throughout the meeting for discussion and consultation for legal advice regarding any of the agenda items. (A.R.S. § 38-431.0 3(A)(3)). The Board may also go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(1)) and records, such as student discipline matters which are exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(2)).
- The Board may also go into Executive Session for legal advice and consultation regarding contract negotiations, settlement discussions and pen ding or contemplated litigation. (A.R.S. § 38-43 l.03(A)(4)).
- Though infrequent, the Board may also go into Executive Session for discussions with designated representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations regarding salaries or compensation of employees of the public body (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(5)), discussions with designated representatives regarding real property negotiations (A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(7)), and international and interstate negotiations (A.R.S.§ 38-43 1.03(A)(6)).
- Executive sessions are not open to the public; however, Board decisions will be made in open public assembly.
- YASD Governing Board may not be able to attend in person and may participate via an electronic medium.
- The Agenda may be revised up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. Revisions will be posted at the YASD District Office located at 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, Arizona 86301 in the display box next to the entrance doors and on the district website www.YASD99.com under the Governing Board tab.
- Arrangements to accommodate disabilities may be made by contacting Allison Lawrence at (928)759-8126 or alawrencera.yavapaicountyhs.org prior to the meeting. Members of the public wishing to address the Board are requested to complete a Public Participation Form
- Discussion by the Board is limited to items posted on the agenda.
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Item B. Limited call – Public Participation
Item C. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from August 22nd Special Board Meeting.
- Consider and ratify per [A.R.S. §15-321]:
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
- 8136 – $8,263.01
- 9103- $31,943.17
- Payroll voucher(s) in the amount of:
- VO#4 PP#4 – $27,833.31
- VO#5 PP#5 – $27,673.65
- Accounts Payable voucher(s) in the amount of:
Item D. Action
- Consider and approve Aflac as a supplemental insurance for employees.
- Consider and approve the agreement for Substitute Consolidation Services between YASD and Yavapai County School Superintendent.
- Consider and approve the FYl 7 District Annual Financial Report.
- Consider and approve ASBA Policy Services Subscription Agreement.
- First read of Policy Advisory No. 588-601.
- Policy Advisory No. 588 ………….. Policy BBBA – Board Member Qualifications
- Policy Advisory No. 589 ………….. Policy – EEAEA, Bus Driver Requirements, Training, and Responsibilities
- Policy Advisory No. 590 ………….. Policy GCQF – Discipline, Suspension, and Dismissal of Professional Staff Members
- Policy Advisory No. 591 … .. ……. Policy GDFA- Support Staff Qualifications and Requirements (Fingerprinting Requirements)
- Policy Advisory No. 592 ………… .. Policy IE – Organization of Instruction
- Policy Advisory No. 593 …………… Policy IJJ – Textbook/Supplementary Materials Selection and Adoption
- Policy Advisory No. 594 ……………. Policy IJNDB-E – Use of Technology Resources in Instruction (Electronic Information Services User Agreement)
- Policy Advisory No. 595 ……………. Regulation IKE-RB – Promotion and Retention of Students
- Policy Advisory No. 596 ……………. Policy JF AA – Admission of Resident Students
- Policy Advisory No. 597 …………….. Policy JF ABC – Admission of Transfer Students (Academic Credit Transfer)
- Policy Advisory No. 598 ……………… Policy JFB- Open Enrollment
- Policy Advisory No. 599 ……………… Policy JL- Student Wellness
- Policy Advisory No. 600 ……………… Policy KB – Parental Involvement in Education
- Policy Advisory No. 601 …………….. Policy – IJNDB, Use of Technology Resources in Instruction
Item E. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- AdvancED Report
- Budget/ Cash Analysis Report FYl 7 / 18
- 18.95% ofYASD Budget Spent
- Civic Fund $15,542.60
- Gifts and Donations $1,124.94
- Social Services $846.29
- Student Activity Funds $597.49
- Tax Credit $13,498.51
- National Bank Credit Card Statements – August 2017
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding o any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item F. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- October 3, 2017@ 3:00pm
- November 14, 2017@ 3:00pm
- December 5, 2017@ 3:00pm
- January 9, 2018@ 3:00pm
- February 13, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- March 20, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- April 10, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- May 9, 2018 @ 3:00pm (changed from May 8)
- June 12, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- July 10, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- August 13, 2018@ 3:00pm (changed from August 14)
- September 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- October 9, 2018 @ 3 :00pm
- November 13, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- December 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
Date this 6th day of September, 2017.
Time: 11:25 am.
Allison Lawrence Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board