NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING of the GOVERNING BOARD of the
YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
PURSUANT TO A.R.S. 38-341.02, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE MEMBERS OF THE YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC THAT THE GOVERNING BOARD WILL HOLD A MEETING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND CONDUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH A.R.S. 38-431.01 ETAL. ON:
Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:00pm
Yavapai Accommodation School District
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
- The Governing Board reserves the right to go into Executive Session intermittently throughout the meeting for discussion and consultation for legal advice regarding any of the agenda items. (A.R.S. § 38-43 1.03(A)(3)). The Board may also go into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters (A.R.S. § 38-43 1.03(A)(1)) and records, such as student discipline matters which are exempt by law from public inspection (A.R.S. § 38-43 1.03(A)(2)).
- The Board may also go into Executive Session for legal advice and consultation regarding contract negotiations, settlement discussions and pending or contemplated litigation. (A.R.S. § 38-43 1.03(A)(4)).
- Though infrequent, the Board may also go into Executive Session for discussions with designated representatives regarding negotiations with employee organizations regarding salaries or compensation of employees of the public body (A.R.S. § 38-43 1.03(A)(5)), discussions with designated representatives regarding real property negotiations (A. R.S. § 38-43 1.03(A)(7)), and international and interstate negotiations (A.R.S.§ 38-43 1.03(A)(6)).
- Executive sessions are not open to the public; however, Board decisions will be made in open public assembly.
- YASD Governing Board may not be able to attend in person and may participate via an electronic medium.
- The Agenda may be revised up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to the meeting. Revisions will be posted at the YASD District Office located at 2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, Arizona 86301 in the display box next to the entrance doors and on the district website www.YASD99.com under the Governing Board tab.
- Arrangements to accommodate disabilities may be made by contacting Allison Fontana at (928)759-8126 or email@example.com prior to the meeting.
- Members of the public wishing to address the Board are requested to complete a Public Participation Form
- Discussion by the Board is limited to items posted on the agenda.
The Agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Item B. Pledge of Allegiance
Item C. Limited call – Public Participation
Item D. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from the January 8, 2019 Board Meeting.
- Substitute Teacher Consolidation
- Data Hosting
- Nursing, therapy (including, but not limited to physical, occupational, andspeech), psychology, counseling, behavior health, autism screening, and special education.
Item E. Action
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- AdvancED Report
- Budget/Cash Analysis Report – N/ A – No report
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item F. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- March 20, 2019 @ 10:00am
- April 9, 2019@ 3:00pm
- May 14, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- June 11, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- July 9, 2019@ 3:00pm
- August 6, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- September 10, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- October 8, 2019@ 3:00pm
- November 12, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- December 10, 2019 @ 3:00pm
- January 14, 2020 @ 3:00pm
Date this 13th day of February 2019.
Time: 1:46 pm.
Allison Fontana Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board