GOVERNING BOARD SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES of the YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:00am
Yavapai Accommodation School District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Board President, Mr. Tim Carter, opened the meeting at 10:00am. Present for the meeting was Superintendent Carter, Allison Fontana, and Kellie Bums.
Item B. Pledge of Allegiance
Item C. Limited call – Public Participation
No public participated in the meeting.
Item D. Consent Agenda
(All of these items can be voted on with one motion, unless the Board or a member of the public would like to consider an item separately.)
- Consider and approve the agenda as presented.
- Consider and approve the minutes from June 18, 2018 Board Meeting.
The consent agenda was considered and approved. President Carter voted yes.
Item E. Action
Consider and approve the FY18-19 Waiver of Conflict concerning preparation of an Educational Transition Program for Yavapai County Juvenile Offenders and Children in Juvenile Dependency Proceedings Agreement, and any amendments thereto, between Yavapai County through the Yavapai County School Superintendent, the Yavapai Accommodation School District, Yavapai County Juvenile Probation Department and Yavapai County Superior Court.
This item was considered and approved. President Tim Carter voted yes.
Item F. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- AdvancED Report
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.RS. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item G. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- July 10, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- August 13, 2018 @ 3:00pm (changes from August 14)
- September 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- October 9, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- November 13, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- December 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 10:03am by Board President Tim Carter.
Dated this 28nd day of June 2018.
Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board