GOVERNING BOARD SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES of the YAVAPAI ACCOMMODATION SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 99
Monday, October 29, 2018 10:00am
Yavapai Accommodation School District Office
2972 Centerpointe East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301
The agenda for the meeting will be as follows:
Item A. Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
Board President, Mr. Tim Carter, opened the meeting at 10:00. Present for the meeting was Superintendent Carter, Allison Fontana, and Kellie Bums.
Item B. Pledge of Allegiance
Item C. Limited call – Public Participation
No public participated in the meeting.
Item D. Action
Consider and approve second read of Policy Advisory No. 644-645.
Policy Advisory No. 644 ….. … Policy IHB – Special Instructional Programs
- Regulation – IHB-R
- Exhibit – IHB – E
Policy Advisory No. 645 ……. Policy BE – Exhibit JLCB-E (Immunization of Students – ADHS REVISED – October 2018)
This item was considered and approved with the following note:
- The Governing Board of Yavapai Accommodation School District# 99 of Yavapai Coun ty, Arizona approved this policy at a Special Meeting on October 29, at 10:00 am, with the following note:
- Upon advice of legal counsel,
- With the understanding that the school district boundaries of an Accommodation School include the entirety of the county,
- Yavapai County has twenty six (26) separate school districts which have primary statutory obligation to identify , locate, evaluate, and educate Special Education stu dents,
- Under ARS 15-308.A, the Accommodation School, through the County School Superintendent ‘s Office, provides special education services to the school districts within the county,
- The Arizona Association of County School Superintendents (AACSS) will work with Legislative leaders to amend the statute, providing Accommodation School Districts and Career and Technical Education Districts (CTED) with an exception to the statute.
President Tim Carter voted yes.
Consider and approve the Board Approval Certification Form that the special education policies and procedures have been updated in accordance with the statutory changes.
This item was considered and approved with the note attached in Item D.1, President Tim Carter voted yes.
Consider and approve the YC Contract NO. 2018-2019 Agreement for E-Rate Services Between Yavapai Accommodation School District and Yavapai County.
This item was considered and approved. President Tim Carter voted yes.
Item E. Presentations (No action will be taken)
- Governing Board President – Superintendent Carter
- District Executive Officer – Kellie Burns
- AdvancED Report
- Open Call to the Public and Future Agenda Items [“Call to the Public: This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the Agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.RS. §38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.”]
Item G. Closing of Meeting
- Date and Time of next Governing Board meeting
- November 13, 2018 @ 3 :00pm
- December 11, 2018 @ 3:00pm
- January 8, 2019@ 10:00am
- Adjournment – The meeting was adjourned at 10:04am by Board President Tim Carter.
Dated this 29th day of October, 2018.
Business Manager/Administrative Assistant to the YASD Board