Yavapai Accommodation School District #99
District Executive Officer
2972 Centerpointe East Drive
Prescott, AZ 86301
Classroom Teacher Job Information
Teacher, Yavapai Accommodation School District #99
District Executive Officer
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
Supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability, ownership and a passion for working with youth.
The Classroom Teacher is responsible for the education and each pupil in his or her charge and for working with students, parents, and other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the YASD Mission Statement and the Department of Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, writes, and implements curriculum and instruction in a manner consistent with YASD’s Mission Statement, including understanding, modeling and fostering independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning. Shows empathy and understanding of students. Shares ideas and observations with students and parents.
- Prepares lesson plans in accordance with Curriculum map and provides to supervisor.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of the state standards.
- Be responsible for an instructional program and the utilization of teaching methods that consider the individual needs, interests, abilities and maturity levels of the students
- Establishes standards of expected student progress for approval by the evaluator based on the assessment of the pupils in the class.
- Cooperates with the evaluator in developing and implementing suitable activities to improve teaching effectiveness or other deficiencies
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect District, School, and students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Prepares appropriate documentation and reports on programs and on student progress
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends all in-service and professional development programs.
- Maintain certification and attend necessary course work and continuing education courses and programs to ensure Maintenance of highly qualified statues in the course field.
- Be responsible for your own involvement as a contributing member involving group decision-making and the development of a positive, cooperative building environment.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a valid Arizona Secondary Teaching Certificate
- Must be highly qualified
- Current AZ Certified Fingerprint Card
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Blended learning instruction
- Small class size
- Competitive salary
- 301 pay
- 100% paid employee health, dental and vision
- 4-day school week
- Dedication to student success a must
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Arizona Secondary Certificate, highly qualified status, and Fingerprint Clearance Card
Please email resume to Allison Fontana at email@example.com or Kellie Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 928 759 8126 for more information.